Thursday, September 06, 2007

News Notes

First, there's this. Here's a sock using all the leftovers from my sock yarn stash...some black cahmere, some red Lorna's Laces, all mixing in. Worked on this sock on my travels to and from Poughkeepsie, NY earlier this month. Hope to have the pair completed by the time of my second visit there. Wink, wink; nudge, nudge.

I've been experiencing a lot of pain in my left wrist, so the knitting is slow going with the help of drugs! I have a couple of felted bag patterns I want to try to get on the needles before the holidays, and there are always flamboyant scarves. This is the year of the cable, and while I did make a lovely cable scarf (The Irish Hiking Scarf), I think that I'm ready to try some cables in an easy sweater. We'll see. There's also a stash full of UFO's that have patiently been waiting their turn. I've been very, very good this year about knitting from my stash, so maybe I can hold out for a couple of more months. Then dear Santa, please remember me!


Then there is this. It is a first peek for faithful friends at what my art show will look like tomorrow night. Here I am, dear readers, embarking on a very new venture. I'm moving out of the basement and into the public eye. There's been great press covrage and radio, too. But I'm feeling a lot like Glenda Jackson must have when she stopped acting. The public demands and accolades are too daunting anymore. Been there, done that, don't want it.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Karoda said...

Have fun tomorrow and return to post about it! Your Kentucky fan will be waiting ;)

PURLS OF WISDOM

"Color is the real substance for me, the real underlying thing which drawing and line are not."
--Sam Francis

"The great man is one who never loses his child's heart."
-- Philosopher Mencius

"We wear our attitudes in our bodies."
-- Patti Davis

Colour embodies an enormous though unexplored power which can effect the entire human body as physical organism.

Colour is a means of exercising direct influence upon the soul.
--V. Kandinsky
I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn't say any other way.. things I had no words for.
--
Georgia O'Keeffe

Nothing is really work unless you'd rather be doing something else.
--
J. M. Barrie, Peter Pan

Faith is like driving a car at night. You never see further than your headlights, but you can make the whole trip that way.
--
E. L. Doctorow

Somebody once said that people become artists
because they have a certain kind of energy to release, and that rings true to me.
--Dale Chihuly