Tuesday, July 24, 2007

QUILT CONTENT

At last there is some quilt content for this blog. First, an art quilt which has no name yet and still labors under the old title of "ugly quilt." It is a fused quilt made with hand-dyed fabrics, some with resists.

The other is a traditionally pieced quilt modeled by Smiley. The pattern is Twisted Sisters by Ami Simms and uses African fabrics, front and back. This quilt is going to Kankakee, Illinois this weekend as a wedding gift.

There is a lot of quilt making going on in my studio, aka basement, as I prepare for a solo show in September. I have two large tops ready to embellish and quilt and several small ones in the queue as well. Photos forthcoming.



No comments:

PURLS OF WISDOM

"Color is the real substance for me, the real underlying thing which drawing and line are not."
--Sam Francis

"The great man is one who never loses his child's heart."
-- Philosopher Mencius

"We wear our attitudes in our bodies."
-- Patti Davis

Colour embodies an enormous though unexplored power which can effect the entire human body as physical organism.

Colour is a means of exercising direct influence upon the soul.
--V. Kandinsky
I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn't say any other way.. things I had no words for.
--
Georgia O'Keeffe

Nothing is really work unless you'd rather be doing something else.
--
J. M. Barrie, Peter Pan

Faith is like driving a car at night. You never see further than your headlights, but you can make the whole trip that way.
--
E. L. Doctorow

Somebody once said that people become artists
because they have a certain kind of energy to release, and that rings true to me.
--Dale Chihuly