Monday, August 07, 2006

WHERE IS IT, TONY?



How many times a day are you frustrated by not being able to locate something you just had? Well, for me & mine this happens a lot--too often and I think it's time for Big Mama to put her foot down. Clean up this house! Throw away that old stuff! Put everything back in its place when you're done with it!

Well this is what is missing now. I am so upset! I've looked everywhere and can't find it. We had company staying with us last week--10 people filling beds and camping on the floor. (The Super 8 where they had reservations had a power failure.) I last remember showing them this piece that I made at a workshop with Mrs. Mel. And now it has vanished. I searched the house top to bottom, and my DH and DD who are frightened by the look in my eyes have searched too. This is without a doubt the best piece that I've ever made--fused to batting, backing attached and ready for the pillowcase finish. It's that AHA! kind of a piece.

There is nothing left to do but to post this and give it up to St. Anthony, patron saint of lost items.

Tony, Tony, look around.
Something's lost and must be found.

Geez, Tony, please don't let it be in a van on its way to Iowa!!

No comments:

PURLS OF WISDOM

"Color is the real substance for me, the real underlying thing which drawing and line are not."
--Sam Francis

"The great man is one who never loses his child's heart."
-- Philosopher Mencius

"We wear our attitudes in our bodies."
-- Patti Davis

Colour embodies an enormous though unexplored power which can effect the entire human body as physical organism.

Colour is a means of exercising direct influence upon the soul.
--V. Kandinsky
I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn't say any other way.. things I had no words for.
--
Georgia O'Keeffe

Nothing is really work unless you'd rather be doing something else.
--
J. M. Barrie, Peter Pan

Faith is like driving a car at night. You never see further than your headlights, but you can make the whole trip that way.
--
E. L. Doctorow

Somebody once said that people become artists
because they have a certain kind of energy to release, and that rings true to me.
--Dale Chihuly