Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Once Was Lost, But Now Is Found


I am happy to report that what was lost, now is found. The past few days my family has been searching for lost items-- a credit card, lost quilt tops, a pair of glasses. It was a learning experience because we had to think about our sin of surplus. For three people, we have too, too much junk. Our excuses include the fact that we've emptied two family homesteads this past year, but those are excuses. We simply have too much stuff, expecially too many papers, books, & magazines. It's an occupational hazard, the home of two writers.

We have had to take our searching to the next level, we went to the professional. We started praying to Tony. St. Anthony, patron saint of the lost & found came through. God bless St. Anthony. When the DH was on the tredmill last evening, Tony told Marc where to look. (I'd found the credit card earlier, thanks to Tony, I'm sure.) "Look in the laundry shoot!" Tony hollered over the din of the exercise machine. And that's exactly where Marc found the quilt tops, lodged in the shoot and unable to fall free...another life metaphor I suppose!


Thank you Tony! and thank you to my DH who heard Tony shouting and looked in the laundry shoot and found my lost quilt top as well as SJ's fused tree.





Now we can get back to working our way through the piles of junk. I'm taking a vacation day tomorrow to QUILT!! and to empty more boxes in the basement. Perhaps in the quilting I will "fall free" and that would be a good thing for my psyche & my chi.

Halleluia!

1 comment:

Karoda said...

Oh Yes! St. Anthony is the man! But I'm impressed that you're on a nickname basis with him :)

Enjoy your day of quilting!

PURLS OF WISDOM

"Color is the real substance for me, the real underlying thing which drawing and line are not."
--Sam Francis

"The great man is one who never loses his child's heart."
-- Philosopher Mencius

"We wear our attitudes in our bodies."
-- Patti Davis

Colour embodies an enormous though unexplored power which can effect the entire human body as physical organism.

Colour is a means of exercising direct influence upon the soul.
--V. Kandinsky
I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn't say any other way.. things I had no words for.
--
Georgia O'Keeffe

Nothing is really work unless you'd rather be doing something else.
--
J. M. Barrie, Peter Pan

Faith is like driving a car at night. You never see further than your headlights, but you can make the whole trip that way.
--
E. L. Doctorow

Somebody once said that people become artists
because they have a certain kind of energy to release, and that rings true to me.
--Dale Chihuly