Monday, July 10, 2006

Quilt Content

Treasure Trove:

Dearest BB has returned from 10 months in Burkina Faso, and look what she brought home for me!! Lovely, lovely cottons to be added to my African stash and ear-marked for a big, new, surprise project to be unveiled in the near future.


Meanwhile...


On the homefront, I found a little time for my- self and have started a new fusing project. This is half--about 45" long. Hope to add 8 more blocks and make it into a square. I ran out of fabric, so am waiting for more. Learning from Mrs. Mel once again, I tried setting the vibrant colors off by choosing the neutral strips between blocks.

I've been away from the fusing for a while.
The time I need to focus on fusing has been taken away from me because of family obligations. So the few hours to myself were especially delicious.



Finally, these little tops are about 12X18. They were warm up exercises for me before jumping into the bigger project. Using scraps from the scrapbag, it was fun to play around, get the juices flowing, etc. I'm getting all revved up because next week I'm going to Conner Prairie to work with Mrs. Mel. Let the colors begin!

No comments:

PURLS OF WISDOM

"Color is the real substance for me, the real underlying thing which drawing and line are not."
--Sam Francis

"The great man is one who never loses his child's heart."
-- Philosopher Mencius

"We wear our attitudes in our bodies."
-- Patti Davis

Colour embodies an enormous though unexplored power which can effect the entire human body as physical organism.

Colour is a means of exercising direct influence upon the soul.
--V. Kandinsky
I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn't say any other way.. things I had no words for.
--
Georgia O'Keeffe

Nothing is really work unless you'd rather be doing something else.
--
J. M. Barrie, Peter Pan

Faith is like driving a car at night. You never see further than your headlights, but you can make the whole trip that way.
--
E. L. Doctorow

Somebody once said that people become artists
because they have a certain kind of energy to release, and that rings true to me.
--Dale Chihuly