Wednesday, February 07, 2007

My First Show

Do you remember me whining a few posts ago about framing clay monoprints in hopes that someone, somewhere, somehow would ask to hang my art?
Well, it has happened!

Truthfully, I thought maybe August '07 was a possibility. But Sunday nite a phone call from Jessica at the Second Cup Cafe said, "Are you ready? We have room for you now!"

Well, those poor gals at Second Cup won't know what hit them when I come rolling in with a dozen clay monoprints and nearly as many fused quilts for their small space.

The show is called "Cloth & Clay" and will be up for the month of February. Wouldn't it be great if a few pieces would sell so that I'd have $$ for more supplies?

No comments:

PURLS OF WISDOM

"Color is the real substance for me, the real underlying thing which drawing and line are not."
--Sam Francis

"The great man is one who never loses his child's heart."
-- Philosopher Mencius

"We wear our attitudes in our bodies."
-- Patti Davis

Colour embodies an enormous though unexplored power which can effect the entire human body as physical organism.

Colour is a means of exercising direct influence upon the soul.
--V. Kandinsky
I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn't say any other way.. things I had no words for.
--
Georgia O'Keeffe

Nothing is really work unless you'd rather be doing something else.
--
J. M. Barrie, Peter Pan

Faith is like driving a car at night. You never see further than your headlights, but you can make the whole trip that way.
--
E. L. Doctorow

Somebody once said that people become artists
because they have a certain kind of energy to release, and that rings true to me.
--Dale Chihuly